CollectiveSpend Marketplace - Privacy Notice
We know that you care about how information about you is used and shared, at CollectiveSpend we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly
This Privacy Notice describes how CollectiveSpend Marketplace collects and processes your personal information through The CollectiveSpend Marketplace Platform(s) that reference this Privacy Notice. By using the CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does the CollectiveSpend Marketplace Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our platform, products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to the use of the CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of of the CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of the CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through the CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services. Like many websites and marketplaces, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses the CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services and other content served by or on behalf of CollectiveSpend on other websites
- Types of Information received: The type of information and to see additional examples of the information we receive, please note the section below “Examples of Information Collected” section.
For What Purposes Does CollectiveSpend Marketplace Use Your Personal Information?
We use your information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the platform, products and services that we offer our clients and users. These purposes include:
- .Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your information to allow our Suppliers to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process the Invoicing and payments process, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services. We use your information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your information to communicate with you in relation to CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat, online platform communications).
- Fraud Prevention and Risks. We use information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our Clients, CollectiveSpend, and others
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does CollectiveSpend Marketplace Share Your Information?
Information about our Clients and Suppliers are an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our private business relationships and information to others. We only share information as specifically described below and with subsidiaries of CollectiveSpend, and controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services. For example, you can order products from third parties through our Private Marketplace and enable third-party skills through our Private Marketplace or CollectiveSpend Buying Desk services. We also offer services jointly with third-party businesses, such as co-branded Payment Platforms. When you are transacting on these areas with a third party we share your information related to those transactions with that third party in order to ensure the product and / or service is provided as needed.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that CollectiveSpend or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of CollectiveSpend and Others: We release account and other information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and any other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of CollecitveSpend, our clients, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and risk reduction.
- Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems and website with your privacy and security in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software
- When using the Payment Platform facility on the Marketplace it follows the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling data and transactions
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your CollectiveSpend Marketplace account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, settings, and purchase history in the "Your Account" section of the website.
What About Advertising?
Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant CollectiveSpend Marketplace ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service via the Contact Us page. Many of our CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in “What Information Can I Access?” section. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records
- You can manage the all settings and recommendations for your account in the “Your Account” area of the site.
- If you are a supplier, you can fully manage, add or update certain information in “Supplier Portal” area of the site
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms & Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the laws in force in the Emirate of Dubai and the Federal laws of the United Arab Emirates, with any dispute, if not resolved amicably, such dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in DIFC court in accordance with the rules promulgated by the London Court of International Arbitration (“LCIA”) for the time being in force.
If you have any concern about privacy at CollectiveSpend, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see any recent changes.
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of information collected in the past without the consent of those affected.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or purchase products or services in our Marketplace
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services
- provide information in the “Your Account” area.
- provide information in your “Supplier Portal” area or account we make available that allows you to offer and provide goods and/or services to CollectiveSpend Clients.
- offer your products or services on or through CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services.
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket or online form.
- upload images, videos or other files to CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services.
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers.
- payment information.
- your location information.
- your IP address.
- email addresses of your organisational sub accounts who will use the CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services.
- content of information and emails to us.
- description and photograph in “Your Profile” area
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services.
- information and documents regarding company identity, Trade License, VAT certificates and such.
- any other corporate information shared.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, email address, and password for Audit purposes.
- the location of your device or computer via IP address.
- CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images).
- version and time zone settings.
- purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features on the Marketplace.
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
- phone numbers used to call our customer service and
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through CollectiveSpend Marketplace and associated Services include.
- status of recent orders.
- your complete order history.
- identifiable information (including name, email, password, etc).
- payment settings.
- email notification settings.
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations.
- your content, services, and related settings, and communications.
- content that you recently viewed.
- Your Profile.
- If you are a supplier, you can access your account and other information and preferences.
August 1st 2021